Dr. Maynard's surgical career is highlighted by master surgical skill, innovative technology integration, and development of new procedures and operative systems. Career highlights include:
- Using Cosmetically OptimizedTM incisions made along the skin's natural tension lines which minimize scaring and provide aesthetically enhanced healing.
- Pioneering the development of skill and experience in the arthroscopic treatment of disorders affecting the hip joint.
- Developing innovative, minimally invasive, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using the CoLSTM surgical technique.
- Utilizing the Sonoma CRxTM, the first clavicle fracture solution designed for athletes, which minimizes incisions, hardware prominence and potential for stress risers created by screws.
- Publishing research which has led to improved treatment of injuries to the posterolateral knee ligaments.